Creative Loafing’s 3rd Annual Moo & Brew Craft Beer and Burger Festival is happening at the AvidXchange Music Factory on Saturday, April 22. As an official sponsor of the event, we’re counting down the top three reasons we can’t wait for Moo & Brew!
#3 The Music
Starting at 12:30 p.m., there will be live music from DJ Overcash, Ancient Cities, Of Good Nature, and Blues Traveler.
- Ancient Cities: Formed in North Carolina in 2013 by singer/guitarist Stephen Warwick, Ancient Cities blends thoughtful lyrics with fuzzy guitars, synth-laden psychedelia, and cinematic moodiness.
- Of Good Nature: Of Good Nature is an indie rock-reggae five piece with healthy doses of funk, jam and rock n’ roll. OGN was formed in Charlotte, NC, in 2011 by front-man, guitarist Cameron Brown and drummer, percussionist Joey Vachon.
- Blues Traveler: Known for their Top 40 singles “Run-Around” and “Hook,” Blues Traveler’s music covers a variety of genres, including blues rock, psychedelic rock, folk rock, soul, and Southern rock. Currently, the group comprises singer and harmonica player John Popper, guitarist Chan Kinchla, drummer Brendan Hill, bassist Tad Kinchla, and keyboardist Ben Wilson.
#2 The Burgers
Some of the Queen City’s best burger joints will compete for the coveted title of “Creative Loafing’s Best Burger,” including:
- Bang Bang Burgers: Shaped from the highest quality, Black Angus whole muscle cuts of short rib & chuck, Bang Bang’s burgers are produced by NYC’s own Pat La Frieda. Located on E. 7th Street, Bang Bang Burgers is the defending “Best Burger” champion! Bang Bang Burgers was recently selected to be featured on the Food network’s Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.
- Block & Grinder: Block & Grinder carefully chooses the best ingredients for thoughtful menu items, including all-natural beef, chosen after conducting a blind taste test among the top all-natural beef providers. Complementing the quality and assortment of meats are premium selections of artisan cheeses, breads, and fresh local produce.
- Pinky’s Westside Grill: A converted auto repair shop, this casual, Tiki-inspired restaurant serves everything from burgers and dogs to corndog shrimp, falafel, and pimento cheese fries. As seen on the Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives episode, “Racing Through Charlotte,” Pinky’s Westside Grill is a Queen City staple. Pictured above is their famous White Trash Burger!
#1 The Beer
You’re going to need some ice-cold beverages to wash down all those burgers. Luckily, the festival will offer samplings from over 30 local, regional and national breweries showcasing multiple favors from session beers to IPAs to stouts to sours and more, including:
- Big Boss Brewing Company
- Legion Brewing
- Birdsong Brewing Co.
- Wicked Weed Brewing
- Thirsty Nomad Brewing Co.
- Catawba Brewing Co.
- Blue Blaze Brewery
- Hi-Wire Brewing
- The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
- NoDa Brewing Company
Get Your Moo & Brew Fest Tickets Now!
The festival will take place on April 22, 2016, at the AvidXchange Music Factory, located at 1000 NC Music Factory Blvd. Don’t forget to stop by the AvidXchange booth for fun and games!
VIP Ticket holders will receive access to the event 1.5 hours before General Admission (12:30 p.m.). The VIP session will feature small batch and rare offerings from our breweries, special edition Belgian style sample glass, a ticket good for one free burger, swag from some of our sponsors and a covered VIP area with great sight lines to the stage!
For General Admission Ticket holders, you’ll enjoy sampling from over 30 beer vendors and over 100 beers with your sampling glass.