Creative Loafing’s 2nd Annual Moo & Brew Craft Beer and Burger Festival is happening at the AvidXchange Music Factory on Saturday, April 16. As an official sponsor of the event, we’re counting down the top 4 reasons we can’t wait for Moo & Brew!
#4 The Music
Starting at 12:30 p.m., there will be live music from Ancient Cities, Truckstop Preachers, Sinners and Saints, Bubonik Funk, and DJ Overcash.
- Ancient Cities: Formed in North Carolina in 2013 by singer/guitarist Stephen Warwick, Ancient Cities blends thoughtful lyrics with fuzzy guitars, synth-laden psychedelia, and cinematic moodiness.
- Truckstop Preachers: Described as a high-octane outlaw country band, the Truckstop Preachers have shared the stage with .38 Special, Dwight Yoakam, and NC’s own The Avett Brothers.
- Sinners and Saints: Since 2011, Charlotte, NC country crooners Sinners & Saints have brought their live show to many a main stage or festival with a combination of regional tours in the Southeast.
- Bubonik Funk: Formed in 2006, Bubonik Funk is a four-piece band with a funky, guitar-driven soulful sound. Their individualistic style draws from many inspirations and transcends any one music genre.
#3 The Burgers
Some of the Queen City’s best burger joints will compete for the coveted title of “Creative Loafing’s Best Burger,” including:
- Bang Bang Burgers: Pictured above, Bang Bang’s burgers are shaped from the highest quality, Black Angus whole muscle cuts of short rib & chuck, produced by NYC’s own Pat La Frieda. Located on E. 7th Street, Bang Bang Burgers is the defending “Best Burger” champion!
- Carolina Ale House: Located on S. College Street, Carolina Ale House has a menu full of awesome burgers like Triple B, the Four-Pepper, and the Pub Burger.
- Crafty Burg’r n’ Tap: In Cornelius, Craft Burg’r n’ Tap is the place for brews & handcrafted burgers. We recommend the Rolling Hills of Carolina Burg’r, topped with chili, cheese, slaw, mustard and onions.
#2 The Beer
The festival will offer samplings from over 30 local, regional, and national breweries, including:
- Big Boss Brewing Company
- Sweetwater Brewing Company
- Birdsong Brewing Co.
- Sierra Nevada
- The Unknown Brewing Co.
- Catawba Brewing Co.
- Wooden Robot Brewery
- Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits
- The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
- Heist Brewery
- Sugar Creek Brewing
- NoDa Brewing Company
#1 Making a Difference
Last year, Creative Loafing’s Moo & Brew Festival raised over $8,000 to help Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina feed the hungry. This year, we want to double that number. By teaming up with Creative Loafing, Second Harvest, and all the other great sponsors that make this festival possible, we hope to raise awareness and help eliminate hunger.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina (SHFBM) strives through education, advocacy, and partnerships to eliminate hunger by the solicitation and distribution of food. They provide a regional distribution warehouse and branches that supply food and grocery items to charitable agencies that assist people in need. 18.4% of Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina’s service area population lives in poverty, including almost 221,000 children and seniors.